Cross-Browser Rich Text Editor (RTE)
Current Version: 3.14
The Cross-Browser Rich Text Editor (RTE) is based on the designMode() functionality introduced in Internet Explorer 5, and implemented in Mozilla 1.3+ using the Mozilla Rich Text Editing API.
The Cross-Browser Rich Text Editor now includes table support (as of 2/10/2005) as well as an option to generate xhtml-compliant code (as of 2/24/2005).
Requires: IE5.5+/Mozilla 1.3+/Firefox 0.6.1+/Netscape 7.1+/Mac Safari 1.3+/Opera 9+, or any other browser that fully supports designMode() for rich-text features. All other browsers will display a standard textarea box instead.
Click here for a matrix of supported commands.
- HTML Demo - Demo showing standard usage in an html page.
- Multiple RTEs Demo (HTML) - Demo showing multiple RTEs in one page
- ASP Demo - Demo showing how to post and retrieve data on the server side using ASP
- PHP Demo - Demo showing how to post and retrieve data on the server side using PHP
- ASP.NET (VB), ColdFusion & JSP demos available in zip/gzip file below.
The source code for this project is now hosted at github:
Documentation & Support:
If you feel that the work I've done has value to you, I would greatly appreciate a paypal donation (click button below). I have spent many hours working on this project, and I will continue its development as I find the time, and when new browser developments constitute changes. Again, I am very grateful for any and all contributions.